Vermicelli veg upma. Semiya Upma is a superb way to pep up your day! Made from wheat vermicelli, this low-sodium, low-calorie and fat Upma is way healthier than one made from processed rava. Semiya upma or vermicelli upma recipe with step by step pics.
Skip this step if using roasted semiya. Upma Recipe: A popular South Indian breakfast dish Vermicelli Upma also known as Semiya Upma. Upma is usually made with semolina or suji, but this variation made with vermicelli has a addition if nutritious veggies and is really tasty too. You can have Vermicelli veg upma using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vermicelli veg upma
- Prepare 2 cups of roasted vermicelli.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of green chillies chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of beans chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomato chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ketchup.
- You need 1 of carrot chopped.
Vermicelli upma is a simple, healthy and nutritious breakfast recipe. These days it is a constant struggle to bring out new breakfast ideas. So this upma is a much needed change from the regular. Semiya Upma also known as Vermicelli Upma is made by tossing roasted vermicelli noodles with onions, tomatoes, vegetables and spices.
Vermicelli veg upma instructions
- Take a kadai and boil roasted vermicelli for few mins till it becomes soft then strain it.Than take a kadai,put oil in it than add mustard seeds,green chillies and all vegetables and sauce for 5 min on slow flame add turmeric powder and salt and continue sauce for 3 mins then add red chilli sauce and ketchup and mix well..
- Add the boiled vermicelli and mix and cook for 5 mins and garnish with green coriander leaves in a serving bowl..
No matter where you go in India, upma is a hot favorite breakfast food. Originally from South India, this recipe uses sevai or vermicelli. Upma is traditionally made with coarse semolina. Vermicelli Upma Or semiya known Or spicy vermicelli all are same dishes. Had bought wheat vermicelli a month back was waiting for my mom to make it.