Iz's Baked Ziti Something or Other. Baked ziti is a popular casserole with ziti pasta and a Neapolitan-style tomato-based sauce characteristic of Italian-American cuisine. It is a form of pasta al forno. Typically, the ziti are first boiled separately while a tomato sauce is prepared.
If you can't find Ziti, use penne or other pastas. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. It's a lot like a classic lasagna casserole, but easier to make and without lots of layers or broken noodles. You can cook Iz's Baked Ziti Something or Other using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Iz's Baked Ziti Something or Other
- You need 2 quart of water.
- Prepare tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of ziti.
- You need 1/2 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 10 of grape tomatoes, halved.
- You need 1 pints of red sauce.
- Prepare 1 of spices to your taste – I like garlic, black pepper, crushed red pepper, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of pepperoni.
- It’s 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Ziti does not necessarily have to be baked, but tastes better when it is. A delicious pasta dish involving ziti macaronni, tomato sauce, crushed meatballs, mozzarella cheese, herbs, and spices. Some of the other stuff, sure, but not too much. Fuck it, let's just make some, OK?
Iz's Baked Ziti Something or Other instructions
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and then ziti.
- Boil 8 minutes or so to al dente.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix onion, bell pepper, and tomato in a bowl https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356849-izs-diced-onion-trick.
- Add spices and pepperoni and stir.
- Add ziti.
- half of the cheese.
- and stir again.
- Add the red sauce and fully incorporate.
- Place in a deep pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 until cheese has melted and it is bubbling. Approximately 30 minutes..
- Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving..
It's time to assemble baked ziti! Grab a ladle or a big spoon or a mug and splash a thin layer of that liquid across the bottom of a big. Baked Ziti – Ziti pasta is combined with tomatoes and cheese, topped with bread crumbs, and baked until bubbly. That's because it's just about all I've cooked in the last week or so that was worthy of posting on a blog. I mean, you wouldn't want me to write posts.