Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. The best recipe for baked ziti casserole. Baked Ziti is an easy weeknight pasta dish! You can cook Baked Ziti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- You need 1 lb of dry ziti pasta.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 lb of italian sausage (or ground beef…I like ground sausage better).
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 2 of jars of spaghetti sauce (26 oz each).
- Prepare 6 oz of provolone cheese (9-12 round slices).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 8 oz of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of butter.
Tender ziti noodles, a zesty meat sauce and delicious creamy ricotta are layered in a casserole dish, topped with cheese and baked until bubbly. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food!
Baked Ziti step by step
- Cook pasta according to package..
- In a large skillet, brown onion and sausage ovef medium heat. Drain the fat. Add minced garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning and simmer for 15 mins..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×13 baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, 1/2 of the sauce mixture, provolone cheese, sour cream, remaining ziti, remaining sauce mixture and then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top then the grated parmesan cheese..
- Bake for 30 minutes in ghe preheated oven or until cheeses are melted. You may want to cover it for the first 20 minutes with foil and then let the cheese melt and brown for the last 10 minutes..
- Optional: Serve with garlic knots (our fav) or garlic toast. Enjoy!.
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd! A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe!