Beefy Cabbage rice soup. Instant Pot Beef, Cabbage, and Rice Soup is a comforting fall or winter soup packed full of vegetables for a full meal in a bowl. Instant Pot Cabbage Soup is an easy dinner you can throw together that is filled with hearty vegetables that your whole family will enjoy. This is a bit like an un-stuffed cabbage.
It's hearty, beefy, and full of veggies. And, it's hearty from beef and rice. It's a perfect healthy cold weather meal. You can have Beefy Cabbage rice soup using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beefy Cabbage rice soup
- Prepare 2 of pds ground Beef or choice ground meat like turkey or sausage.
- It’s 1 of large head cabbage chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of long grain rice uncooked.
- Prepare 2 cans of diced tomatoes any flavor/mild rotel 30 oz once mixed.
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s As needed of diced bell pepper I used Tricolor.
- You need As needed of tomato paste couple tsps.
- Prepare 2 cups of low sodium vegetable stock.
- It’s 3 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare As needed of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 Teaspoon of red wine vinegar OR banana pepper juice.
- Prepare 2 of whole mild pepperchino I let simmer in it.
- You need 1 1/2-2 Teaspoon of worchershire sauce.
- You need As needed of chopped fresh oregano and cilantro.
- It’s 1 tsp of SMOKED Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of UNcooked chopped bacon.
- It’s As needed of Mrs Dash Italian Medley it has alot dried herbs.
- You need As needed of McCormick vegetable seasoning/celery flakes.
- You need of To taste: salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of bay leafs.
- Prepare 1 of small Pinch of crushed chili flakes.
How To Make Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup. I have seen other corned beef and cabbage soups that didn't look very appetizing, but I actually want this one! Stir in tomato paste to blend. It is quick to make, it is healthy, and it's totally delicious.
Beefy Cabbage rice soup step by step
- Cook bacon in a large, round Dutch oven pot until it is crispy. Remove the bacon & drain all but about 2 Tbsp of the fat..
- Add the onion, bell pepper and sauté over medium heat until the onion is almost translucent. Add the ground meat/meats and cook through. Then the garlic, chili flakes, and cook another minute or so. Stir in tomato paste..
- Add the cabbage, tomatoes, beef broth and vegetable stock, banana pepper juice or red wine vinegar, worchershire sauce, smoked paprika,OREGANO, McCormick vegetable seasoning/celery flakes, bay leaves, italian dash medley and rice and stir. Cover pot with lid, and bring it up to a full boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook the soup until the rice is fully cooked, and cabbage is soft. Remove bay leaf. Add bacon back, & season to taste.
The rice is optional, but I kinda completely love it! I first have to share my story about this Cabbage Soup with Rice. A tasty soup from a cookbook called "Lean and Lovin' It". Cut down on the white pepper and cayenne for a less spicy soup. Add cabbage and lemon slices to the broth/rice.