Pasta Amatriciana / Bucatini All’Amatriciana.
You can have Pasta Amatriciana / Bucatini All’Amatriciana using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta Amatriciana / Bucatini All’Amatriciana
- It’s 6 tbsp of good olive oil.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 lb of thick, good quality bacon – chopped (6-7 pieces of bacon).
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed dried red pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry red wine.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 16 oz of spaghetti, bucatini or pasta of your choice.
- You need 1 of fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Grated Pecorino Romano to taste.
Pasta Amatriciana / Bucatini All’Amatriciana step by step
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chopped bacon, onion, garlic, parsley and crushed red pepper. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring often, until onions are soft and bacon is starting to lightly crisp around edges. Do not drain fat..
- Add red wine – stir one minute..
- Add tomato sauce. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce for 20 – 25 minutes, stirring often. Salt and pepper to taste if necessary..
- While sauce is going (coordinate times) cook pasta per package instructions in boiling salted water. Drain, toss with sauce. Serve with grated Pecorino Romano or cheese of choice. Enjoy : ).