Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. The best recipe for baked ziti casserole. Baked Ziti is an easy weeknight pasta dish! You can have Baked Ziti using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 box of pasta.
- Prepare 2 large of jars of pasta sauce or make your own.
- Prepare 1 packages of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of uncooked and chopped garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
Tender ziti noodles, a zesty meat sauce and delicious creamy ricotta are layered in a casserole dish, topped with cheese and baked until bubbly. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food!
Baked Ziti step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 375; fill big pot with water, 2tsp of salt, and 1tbsp of olive oil; bring water to boil and add pasta, cook until al dente.
- In seperate pot cook whatever ground meat you choose (drain oil if necessary), then add two large jars of marinara sauce, 1tsp of raw chopped garlic, and salt to taste.
- Get 9×11 baking dish, spray lightly with cooking spray, layer noodles, then meat and sauce, sprinkle layer of shredded cheese and then with parmesan; then repeat step 3 entirely.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd! A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe!