Chicken tortilla soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. You can cook Chicken tortilla soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- It’s 1 of small package of chicken thighs.
- It’s Half of package of 16 oz rice (long grain) or rice of choice.
- You need 1 can of original rotel.
- It’s 1 package of corn tortillas (cut into strips).
- It’s 1 of small white onion (dice).
- It’s of oil.
- You need of Lawrys seasoning salt (for tortilla strips).
- Prepare of lemon juice (for tortilla strips).
- You need 2 Tbsps of cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsps of garlic powder.
- Prepare of salt and pepper to your liking.
- Prepare 2 Tbsps of butter.
- Prepare of toppings optional: avocado slices and/or shredded cheese.
- Prepare 2 cans of small tomato sauce.
Today I'm sharing The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe I've ever made. Drop your dinner plans and make it tonight! This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams. It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds.
Chicken tortilla soup instructions
- In a big pot add butter and diced onion letting them turn translucent. Add rice and let it brow. Once you see the rice turn light brown add 3 quarts of water, cumin, garlic, rotel, tomato sauce, salt and pepper (always taste and add more seasoning as needed).
- While the rice is cooking. In another pot add chicken thighs salt and pepper. Do not throw chicken broth away. Once chicken is cooked cut into small pieces and add both chicken and its broth into big pot. Cooking for another 10 min.
- Cut tortillas into strips then fry in a medium size pan. Once fried put in a bowel with a paper towel. Sprinkle lawrys seasoning and lemon juice on the strips..
- It's all done. Serve in bowels and top with tortilla strips. You can also top soup with shredded cheese or avocados..
- Remember you can always use brown rice and chicken breast. I just like chicken thighs better. I have also added black beans before..
It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite kinds of soup. Lately I've been getting chicken tortilla soup almost weekly at a local restaurant.