Brad's ez black bean and steak tamale pie. This weeknight meal is healthy and filling! Black Bean and Zucchini Chili topped with homemade cornbread. Lugaw w Brown Red Rice – Brad's ez black bean and steak tamale pie – Enchilada Stack – Tamales Easy Peasy – Mole de Hoya – Enchiladas Verdes – Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken – Shrimp Enchiladas with Vegetables – Brad's camarrones a la diablo street tacos – Chilaquiles – Mike's Seafood Spinach.
Tamales are delicious, but forming them is a small pain in the culo. This baked tamale pie, know as a tamal de cazuela in Mexico, is the solution: all the joys of tamales Add beans and cook until heated through. Using a potato masher, bean masher, or wooden spoon, mash beans to form a chunky puree. You can have Brad's ez black bean and steak tamale pie using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's ez black bean and steak tamale pie
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of prepared black beans.
- It’s 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes with chile and lime.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of t bone steak.
- It’s 1 cup of prepared salsa verde.
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella, shredded.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cheddar, shredded.
- It’s of for the mesa topping.
- You need 2 cups of Mesa flour.
- You need 1 2/3 cups of chicken broth, warm.
- It’s 2/3 cup of lard or vegetable shortening.
- You need of for the toppings.
- It’s of sour cream.
- You need of hot sauce.
- It’s of lime wedges.
Try this Black Bean Tamale Pie recipe, or contribute your own. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink, breaking up as it cooks. Stir in beans, tomato sauce and seasoning mix. In medium bowl combine cornmeal, sugar and salt.
Brad's ez black bean and steak tamale pie instructions
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Sear in a pan to rare. Remove and cube to bite size pieces.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Layer ingredients in order until the mesa topping..
- Mix the Mesa ingredients until you get a soft dough. Use your hands to spread the dough evenly. If it is sticky, moisten hands with water..
- Bake at 350 until dough is baked and just starts to brown. 25-35 minutes..
- Remove and let stand five minutes. Plate and top with desired toppings. Serve and enjoy..
I use Green Giant Mexicorn with green and red peppers as the bottom layer. I mix some of the green onions in with the beef while it's simmering, as well as some finely chopped jalapeno and black olives. It's delicious and I get requests to make it all the time now. These black bean tamales might be time-consuming, but they are worth the effort. Tamale-making is a food ritual that has been part of Mexican life since Mesoamerican times.