Fresh Tomato Minestrone with Summer Vegetables 🌱.
You can cook Fresh Tomato Minestrone with Summer Vegetables 🌱 using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Tomato Minestrone with Summer Vegetables 🌱
- It’s of Fresh tomatoes (any shape and size).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of small courgette.
- It’s 1 of small red onion.
- It’s 1 of small carrot.
- You need 1 stick of celery.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (crushed).
- It’s A few of peas, beans, spinach, chard or any other seasonal veg.
- It’s 1 splash of oil.
- Prepare 3 cups of veg stock (or a water and squirt of tomato purée as an alternative).
- You need A few of strands of Bucatini or spaghetti.
- It’s 1 pinch of seasalt.
- Prepare of 1 pinch of white pepper.
Fresh Tomato Minestrone with Summer Vegetables 🌱 step by step
- Wash and chop the veg. Heat a splash of oil and lightly sauté the celery, onion and carrot (soffritto) and the bay leaf. I like to keep this chunky. Add the water, break the pasta, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the pasta is almost cooked. It’s best if you use a small pasta that doesn’t take too long to cook, I used Bucatini..
- If you are using a large tomato you can grate this into the soup. For smaller tomatoes chop and add. Add the courgette and beans and any other veg. Use you judgement as to how long your veg needs to cook in the soup. You want to give them long enough to add flavour but you don’t want them to be soggy..
- Season to your taste and enjoy..