Sunshine's chicken,ziti casserole. Our super easy and delicious ziti chicken casserole main dish recipe uses only five ingredients. In a large pot, cook ziti as directed on package and drain well. The recipe we have here is pretty basic and relatively easy to make.
If you have leftover chicken from a previous dinner this is a wonderful way to use up those leftovers. Baked ziti is a favorite dish for many for good reason. Try your hand at the classic pasta dish using this recipe. You can cook Sunshine's chicken,ziti casserole using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sunshine's chicken,ziti casserole
- It’s of to cook chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken breasts cut in 2" pieces.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of saute veggies.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red pepper chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of yellow pepper chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of green pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need of sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of reserved chicken broth.
- You need 1/8 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground red pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic & herbs.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 can of (14.5 oz ) stewed tamatoes.
- It’s of cooked ziti.
- You need 8 oz of ziti noodles cooked ( follow box directions).
- Prepare of top with cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
This Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti recipe is made with a lightened-up alfredo sauce, and easy to customize with extra veggies and seasonings! Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. I hope you stick around for all the fun! I'll be showing you some makeup tutorials, hauls, speed cleans, DIYS.
Sunshine's chicken,ziti casserole step by step
- Cook ziti noodles following directions..
- Trim excess fat from chicken breast, rinse chicken , cut into cubes, place butter in dutch oven, let butter melt on medium heat, put cubed chicken in , add chicken bouillon in and stir till chicken meat turns white, pour in water, stir and cover, for 18 minutes, until chicken is tender, remove chicken , reserve 3/4 cup of broth. Set to side ..
- In a saucepan put 1 tablespoon butter , let melt add all the bell peppers, onion,and celery : on medium heat , saute till tender, add minced garlic, set to side..
- Now in another sauce pan , add butter till melted , add flour stir till smooth, add milk , and broth, stir till thickens add black pepper,garlic & herbs and parsley flakes ,red pepper, stir well , add stewed tomatoes till all is well mixed..
- In a large bowl , put chicken cubes , ziti ,veggies and sauce , mix well all together..
- Now with cooking spray , spray casserole dish ,1 1/2 quart casserole dish that has a lid .now spoon in chicken, ziti mixture in casserole dish, cover and bake for 20 minutes , bake on 350°F heat , make sure to preheat it on 350°F..
- Now uncover, sprinkle cheese over the top of casserole , bake for 5 minutes till cheese is melted , take out of oven let set 5 minutes and serve hot , enjoy !!!!!….
Try this whole wheat ziti dish complete with chicken and cheese for a filling dinner. Everyone loves a great baked ziti dish. This one adds chicken and cheese for a tasty, hearty meal. Then you need to try our Baked Ziti Casserole! Topped with creamy ricotta cheese, filled with warm ziti noodles, and covered in a meaty red sauce, this Italian-inspired Baked Ziti Casserole is out-of-this-world.