Italian Drunken Noodles. Italian drunken noodles are my Italian fusion take on one of my favorite Thai-style dishes. Brimming with noodles drenched in a flavorful, wine-infused sauce, bits of spicy Italian sausage, plus sweet. This Italian drunken noodle recipe has been a family favorite for a while.
See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Food recipes and Food. Back to Italian Drunken Noodles recipe. Saucy Italian Drunken Noodles with Spicy Italian Sausage, Tomatoes and. by thecozyapronrecipes. You can have Italian Drunken Noodles using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Drunken Noodles
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of spicy Italian sausages links, casings removed.
- You need 1 of large onion, quartered and sliced thinly.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of orange bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, pressed through garlic press.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry chardonnay.
- Prepare 1 of 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, with juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of flat leaf parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, julienned, divided.
- It’s 8 oz of pappardelle noodles, uncooked.
Tonight, I decided on a mild Italian Sausage with drunken noodles. Let's shake things up a bit with tonight's dinner – mild Italian sausage with drunken noodles. Drunkard noodles (or pad kee mao, less frequently pad ki mao or pad kimao /ˌpæd kiː ˈmaʊ/; Thai: ผัดขี้เมา, RTGS: phat khi mao, [pʰàt kʰîː māw]; is a stir fried noodle dish very similar to phat si-io, but with a slightly different flavor. In Thai, khi mao means drunkard.
Italian Drunken Noodles instructions
- Place a large heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil..
- Once olive oil is heated, crumble the spicy Italian sausage into the pan in small chunks..
- Once sausage is browned on both sides, remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Add the onion to the pan with sausage drippings and allow onions to caramelize, about five minutes, stirring to keep from burning..
- Add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine..
- Add the bell peppers and saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute until aromatic..
- Add chardonnay and allow it to reduce for a few moments, until almost all the way reduced. Next add the tomatoes and juice and return the sausage to the pan, gently folding it in. Simmer for 3-4 minutes to blend the flavors and turn the heat off..
- Drizzle in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and add the parsley and some of the nail l basil. Keep warm while you cook the noodles..
- Prepare the pappardelle noodles according to package directions. Then, drain the noodles very well and using tongs, add them to the sauce. Top with remaining basil..
You've been waiting long enough for my drunken noodles recipe! The BEST Drunken Noodles If you can find holy basil, that would be the best but you can also use Thai basil or regular Italian basil. Drunken Noodles, or Pad Kee Mao, is a Thai rice noodle dish that got its name as a popular late-night snack after drinking! Drunken noodles – or pad kee mao – is a stir fried noodle dish, typically made with broad rice noodles. Then, legions of flavor is introduced via judicious use of savory elements.