Hotdog, Meatballs, and Sauerkraut. Place hot dogs on top of the kraut. Mix a few ingredients together including sauerkraut, relish, caraway seeds, sugar and mustard to make your favorite Chicago-style hot dog topping. This is a great topping for those who love sauerkraut on their hot dogs.
Well, we do eat Sauerkraut, but we don't eat Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut, like the Americans think we. Add hot dogs and brown lightly. In a large casserole dish, cut up hot dogs in large pieces in the bottom of dish. You can have Hotdog, Meatballs, and Sauerkraut using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hotdog, Meatballs, and Sauerkraut
- You need of Meat——–.
- It’s 12 ounces of hotdogs, beef.
- It’s 24 ounces of meatballs see one of my recipe.
- Prepare of Pasta———–.
- Prepare As needed of water about 2 quarts.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil for water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt for pasta.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 8 ounces of ziti pasta.
- It’s of Potato————-.
- It’s 3 of large potatoes 2-1/2 pound diced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need of Other ingredients——–.
- Prepare 27 ounces of sauerkraut.
Cut hot dogs into small pieces, mix all ingredients in pan and add a little water. Hot dogs and sauerkraut are a classic combination. But add cheese, a bit of onion and celery salt. it takes ordinary hot dogs to a new level. Serve this at a cookout, game night or to a group of hungry teenagers and watch them disappear.
Hotdog, Meatballs, and Sauerkraut instructions
- Boil the pasta.
- Fry the meatballs and Potatoes add salt, garlic, and pepper. The juices from the meatballs will fry the potatoes. Cover.
- After the meatballs are browned and the potatoes are getting tender add hotdogs and 1 cup of the pasta water. Cover..
- Add sauerkraut when the potatoes are crispy but fork tender. About 15 minutes covered. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add spices to the cooked pasta.
- Mix and add to the mixture let simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Hot dogs and sauerkraut are a classic combination. Put hot dog toppings between the hot dog and the bun. Condiments should be applied in the following order: wet condiments like mustard and chili are applied first, followed by chunky condiments like relish, onions and sauerkraut, followed by shredded cheese, followed by spices, like celery salt. From meatballs to cake, sauerkraut is a surprisingly tasty ingredient that your kitchen shouldn't be without. According to historical records, sauerkraut was doled out to the laborers working on the Great Wall of China.