Sig's Deep fried Ravioli. Fried ravioli, a popular appetizer in St. Louis, Missouri, is breaded and deep-fried pasta. If frying pasta sounds strange to you, keep an open mind Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
Deep Fried Ravioli at The Hungry Mouse I will be guest posting at Jessie's next week, but first, you must go check out her deep fried ravioli. This crispy fried ravioli is easy to make, yet impressive. Perfect for a party, or the family dinner table. You can cook Sig's Deep fried Ravioli using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Deep fried Ravioli
- You need 250 grams of bought (from chiller section) fresh giant ravioli of choice, not canned and in sauce.
- It’s of water for par boiling the ravioli, as per direction of chosen pasta.
- It’s of vegetable oil for deep frying, deep enough for pasta to swim to top, when cooked.
- It’s 4 sheets of kitchen paper towel to drain after frying.
Like Olive Garden's toasted ravioli, but better! This crispy fried ravioli is easy to make, yet Just some oil, and a heavy bottomed deep pot. I use my cast iron pans now, but I've used my. Fried Ravioli – one of our favorite side dishes or appetizers when serving Italian food!
Sig's Deep fried Ravioli step by step
- Put to boil,a large pot of water.
- When boiling add the ravioli and boil for about 3 minutes, remove them and drain thoroughly in a sieve, or they will splatter when putting them into the oil.
- In the meantime heat your oil for deep frying the ravioli.
- When they are drained, add them carefully into your deep fryer and fry for a few minutes until slightly brown and bubbly. Don't fry to many at a time. Remove and rest on paper towel draining oil before serving.
- Serve as a snack with a little salad garnish and a dip if you like.
It's not something I grew up having it often, but it's something I've cooked more often being a mom whose kids love pasta and cheese! In two batches, toss ravioli (or tortellini) in flour, gently shaking off excess. Dip in egg and then in bread crumb mixture. Ravioli is a kind of small and dainty dumpling from traditional Italian cuisine. Here, we have made mouth-watering samosas in a cute, bite-sized shape inspired by ravioli.