Mexican Chicken Casserole. Chicken breast simmered with a spicy black bean and corn mixture, then topped with cheese and tortilla chip crumbs and baked. Easy and quick to fix weekday casserole with a Mexican flair. Zesty, creamy and loaded with chicken, it's no wonder why this Mexican chicken casserole is one of our top-rated recipes.
What ingredients are in mexican chicken casserole? When served it is topped with the same toppings you'd use for tacos giving it a fresh flavor. My easy Mexican Chicken Casserole is excellent in a low carb tortilla, in crisp lettuce wraps, in cheese taco shells, or on a bed of cauliflower rice. You can have Mexican Chicken Casserole using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Chicken Casserole
- It’s 2 pounds of chicken thighs, boiled and cut into 1/2 in. pieces.
- You need 10 of corn tortillas, shredded into 1-in. square pieces.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1/3 can of Rotel, drained (tomato & green chilis).
- You need 24 oz. of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1/2 of large white onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 can of black olives, whole and drained.
This Mexican Chicken Casserole recipe uses rotisserie chicken, penne pasta, corn, black beans & cheese for an easy chicken dinner perfect for any night! This Mexican chicken casserole has all the cheesy Mexican flavors I love and it's easy enough to make any night of the week! This Mexican chicken casserole is one of our favorites! Take, for example, this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Casserole.
Mexican Chicken Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Stir chicken and mushroom soups, along with Rotel in a medium-sized bowl and set aside. Use more Rotel if a spicier casserole is desired..
- Stir cheese and onion in a medium-sized bowl and set aside..
- In an 8 x 10 greased casserole dish, begin layering. Start with a thin layer of soup mixture on the bottom, mainly to prevent tortillas from sticking..
- Layer 1/2 tortilla pieces..
- Layer soup mixture, just enough to cover tortillas..
- Layer 1/2 chicken..
- Layer 1/2 cheese mixture..
- Layer remaining tortilla pieces..
- Layer more soup mixture to cover tortillas..
- Layer remaining chicken. Pour more soup mixture to fill in any gaps..
- Top with black olives..
- Cover casserole with remaining cheese mixture..
- Cook in oven uncovered for 20 minutes, then check. Remove from oven when cheese is completely melted. Enjoy!.
Both of which I find are almost always a good thing, but in the case of this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Casserole, my rogue recipe tweaks. Easy Mexican Chicken Casserole combines the best parts of taco night into one easy, hearty, flavorful dish with chicken, rice, beans, cheese, and tortilla chips or Doritos. If you love Mexican cuisine, this Mexican Chicken Casserole is going to be your favorite. If you don't like it too hot, feel free to remove the chili. Spicy, cheesy Mexican casserole with cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, Rotel tomatoes, canned green chiles, cheese, and tortilla chips.