Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce. This Pesto Pasta with Tuna is so simple yet so tasty! It is one great way to use canned tuna and turn it into a delectable meal in no time at all. The thicker or larger shapes do better with richer or more robust sauces.
Reviews for: Photos of Pasta With Tuna Sauce. Tuna Pesto Pasta: A sophisticated pantry pasta is quick and easy with canned tuna and a few staples like pesto, garlic and onion. It makes an elegant lunch or dinner without a trip to the store. You can cook Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce
- It’s 2-4 of tuna steaks.
- You need 250 g of pappardelle (or tagliatelle) pasta.
- Prepare 200 ml of cooking cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pine nuts, plus some extra for serving.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh basil.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese (finely grated).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornflour (for thickening the sauce).
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
These are the dog days of summer, when ambition fades in the face of sultry heat and humidity. Pasta, pesto from gourmet farms, onions, garlic, bell pepper, heavy cream, century tuna, olive oil, grated cheese. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, tip the tuna and its oil into a large bowl with the pesto.
Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce instructions
- In a blender add the cooking cream, 2 tbsp of olive oil, pine nuts, basil, parmesan, crushed garlic cloves and lime juice. Blend on a medium speed until smooth..
- Heat the sauce in a pan with the cornflour over a medium heat, until slightly thicker. Stir consistently to avoid any lumps forming. (For best results make the night before and store in the fridge)..
- Next boil water with salt and add the pasta. Cook for around 4 minutes..
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan on a high heat..
- Season the tunas steaks with pepper on both sides..
- Once the pan is hot add the steaks and turn the heat down to a medium temperature..
- Cooked the tuna steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side depending on their thickness and how well you would like them cooked. You can watch the sides of the steak turn white to see how far they have cooked. Becareful not to dry the steak out, they can easily become dry..
- Now roast the extra pine nuts in the pan for a couple of minutes until browned..
- Serve the steaks over the pasta and heated sauce. Sprinkle the pine nuts on top and garnish with fresh basil..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste..
Mash together with a wooden spoon. Stir in a third of the cheese and all of the tomatoes. This healthy tuna pasta recipe can be jazzed up or even made more simple than it already is. For the photos I added some grated parmesan cheese and a little lemon You may also like my healthy tuna pasta salad or my creamy tuna pasta salad recipes. Will you give this easy canned tuna pasta a go?