My White Chicken Chili. This creamy white chicken chili is made super easy in your slow cooker! Creamy with plenty of spice, it's the perfect companion on a chilly night! This White Chicken Chili is hearty, warming, creamy and perfectly comforting.
It's one of our favorite instant pot recipes! This White Chicken Chili is proof that chili doesn't have to be red and beefy to be delicious. Generous amounts of shredded chicken, tender cannellini beans, and vegetables (just green ones, please!) give this white chili its unique appearance. You can have My White Chicken Chili using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My White Chicken Chili
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders (shredded).
- It’s 4 slices of bacon (cooked then chopped).
- It’s 5 cups of low sodium chicken broth or chicken soup base.
- You need 1 cup of jalapenos minced (I use Mezzetta).
- Prepare 1 cup of Great Northern beans canned (drained) or cooked.
- Prepare 1 (4.5 oz) of can green chilies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- Prepare of Freshly chopped cilantro.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of crushed tortilla chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 (7 oz) of bag shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Fiesta blend cheese for garnish.
Healthy white chicken chili that's nice and creamy, yet there's no cream! Made with green chile, chicken, corn and blended chickpeas to make it thick and creamy. This easy white chicken chili recipe can even be made in the slow cooker and is bound to become a new family favorite. Unlike any other white chicken chili recipe out there that calls for cream cheese and heavy cream, I thicken my healthy white bean chicken chili naturally.
My White Chicken Chili instructions
- In a pan cook bacon. Drain on paper towel..
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and jalapenos and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, oregano, paprika and cumin and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add green chilis, chicken, broth and season with salt and pepper. Add the bacon. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through..
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to pot and add white beans and corn and mozzarella cheese. Bring to a simmer and let cook, 10 minutes..
- Add cheese, sour cream and I make a cilantro and green onion mixture to go on top of chili..
- Note** if it's to soupy for you, you can add cornstarch to cold water and put it in your soup..
With a bit of mashed white beans during cooking and full fat yogurt after adds colour and creaminess. Tender chicken, chilies, white beans, spices and a few more goodies in this winning recipe. Winning the office chili contest is an annual objective for When Dean's white chicken chili took first place, Eddie came home with his empty pot a bit dispirited by his second place status but couldn't stop. White Chicken Chili is the easy weeknight recipe you need from Delish.com. When we're craving something hearty and healthy, this chicken chili immediately jumps to mind.