Farfalle with Salmon in Creamy Vodka Sauce.
You can have Farfalle with Salmon in Creamy Vodka Sauce using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Farfalle with Salmon in Creamy Vodka Sauce
- You need 1 pound of farfalle pasta.
- You need 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of small shallot, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vodka.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 ounces of thinly sliced salmon (no skin) or smoked salmon, cut into thin strips.
- Prepare of Salt and freshly ground pepper (use less salt if using smoked salmon).
- It’s 3 of large egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced chives.
Farfalle with Salmon in Creamy Vodka Sauce step by step
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the farfalle, stirring occasionally, until al dente..
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the vodka and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute. Add 2 cups of the heavy cream and simmer over moderately high heat, stirring often until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the salmon, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks with the remaining 1/4 cup of heavy cream..
- Drain the farfalle. Add it to skillet and stir well. Add the egg-yolk mixture and stir over low heat until warm and sauce is creamy, about 30 seconds. Serve with chives on top..