Stuffed Onion Bombs. Stuff your ground beef mixture between two onion layers (essentially making an onion seal around a large meatball). Onion Bombs look small, but they are jam-packed with flavor and are surprisingly filling. With a meatball inside, sweet onion outside.
They are the perfect BBQ food with all of the essentials…onions stuffed with flavorful. Onion Bombs are onions stuffed with ground beef and smoke-roasted on the grill. These onion bombs are intended to be big, so there's a lot of protein per serving. You can have Stuffed Onion Bombs using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Onion Bombs
- Prepare 2 of Onions-You can use whichever kind you like..
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Ground beef or turkey.
- You need 1 can of MILD Rotel( reserve juice).
- It’s 1 envelope of Ranch dressing dry mix.
- It’s 1 envelope of Italian dressing dry mix.
- Prepare 1 of Worchershire sauce.
- It’s of Minced Garlic or garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of Your favorite seasonings.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh herbs( cilantro, parsley, etc.
- It’s 1 of Bell pepper optional.
- It’s of Cheeses optional.
- Prepare of Toothpicks.
- You need 1 of A Basting sauce for onion.
Onion Bombs look small, but they are jam-packed with flavor and are surprisingly filling. With a meatball inside, sweet onion outside, and it all wrapped in bacon. These BBQ Bacon Wrapped Onion Bombs look fabulous and trust me are even What is not to love, a big huge meatball stuffed with cheese encased in onion and then wrapped in. Vidalia Onion & Bacon Burger Bombs – burgers with a cheese filled center stuffed inside of a Vidalia onion.
Stuffed Onion Bombs step by step
- Preheat oven 350. Mix your ground beef with half a can of MILD Rotel-(Reserve juice),half dry packet of ranch dressing, half of dry pack of Italian dressing, minced garlic or garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, your favorite seasonings you like and herbs. I used a little cilantro, parsley, etc. I also added a small bit of onion and bell pepper, cheeses..
- Cut your onions into halves, pick the layers, and stuff with meat..
- Then match them up, and you can insert toothpicks to hold together..
- Put them in a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Add the reserve juice from rotel and pour over onions. Then..Sprinkle rest of pack of Italian dressing seasoning over it all. Cover with foil, & cook for an hour or until meat is fully cooked and onions are tender..
- Once it is almost done, take out and you can baste it with whatever sauce you like. From Heinz 57, bbq, or a red Mexican sauce, etc. and bake for another 10 min. (The Heinz 57 tasted awesome btw)….If you also cooked some bell pepper slices along with the onions,like I did, this is where I stuffed them with rotel, cheese, and cilantro, etc. and let them bake that 10 min as well..
I am a sucker for a good burger. I have driven out of the way on countless occasions to try one. Stuffed Onion Bombs recipe: This meatloaf mixture is incredible.a gourmet version of old Start out by slicing up the onions, leaving the biggest outside parts quartered and ready to be stuffed with beef. The combination of onion and bacon is such a savory mixture that will send your taste buds sky Prepare yourself for an explosion of flavor when you follow this recipe for stuffed onion bombs. Onion bombs look small, but they are jam-packed with flavor and are surprisingly filling!