pecan smoked turkey. In today's recipe I'll show you how to smoke a Texas-Pecan Turkey on the Pit Barrel Cooker. To keep this turkey in the true spirit of Texas. I love the sweet, nutty flavor that pecan wood chips give to a brined turkey.
Mix the vegetable oil and seasoning in a. Smoked Turkey Recipe – simple method for smoking a perfect holiday turkey with a brine, injection If you want a Smoked Turkey this year, I highly recommend it. You can skip the traditional roasted. You can make pecan smoked turkey by using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is what you need to do to make it:
Ingredients of pecan smoked turkey
- You need 1 of turkey.
- You need of turkey injector “cajun butter”.
- You need of garlic powder 2 table spoon.
- You need 2 of table spoons onion powder.
- Prepare 3 of table spoons Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s of sugar and salt brine.
- It’s 3 of habenero peppers.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s of water.
- It’s 1 of bag of ice.
When preparing a smoked turkey, brining before its smoked improves texture and moistness. Make Smoked Turkey That Looks Good, Tastes Great! When you create a succulent smoked turkey at. Look, this smoked turkey is really for Thanksgiving and not your regular Sunday BBQ.
pecan smoked turkey step by step
- Brine turkey with 3 habenero peppers cut in half, one cup salt, one cup sugar and water to cover bird. Be sure to desolve the salt and sugar in the water. Add bird with a bag of ice allow to brine for at least 6 hours ir overnight.
- Rinse bird, season and inject bird. Be sure to hit breast, legs, wingband thighs..
- Smoke turkey for 6 hours.
The flavor is coming from the brine and the smoke. Spices that are less traditional are less likely to pair well with. You should never start cooking your Thanksgiving turkey without brining it first. Whether your smoking, roasting, or frying your Thanksgiving turkey, this herb rub will add. Try this recipe for peach wood smoked turkey breast.