Baked Ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake…. It's a big, juicy baked pasta that's loaded with flavour from a healthy dose of seasonings and topped with a generous amount of cheese.
Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. The best recipe for baked ziti casserole. Baked Ziti is an easy weeknight pasta dish! You can have Baked Ziti using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- It’s 1 Pound of Beef , ground.
- You need 16 Ounces of Pasta Ziti.
- You need 1 (26 oz) Jar of Spaghetti Sauce.
- You need 1 Clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Onion , chopped.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Cheese Mozarella , shredded.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese , grated.
Tender ziti noodles, a zesty meat sauce and delicious creamy ricotta are layered in a casserole dish, topped with cheese and baked until bubbly. Baked ziti is a simple casserole made with a zesty meat sauce, tender pasta, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. Typically, the pasta is cooked separately while the meat sauce is being prepared. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food!
Baked Ziti instructions
- Preheat oven to 375F..
- Cook pasta according to directions until al-dente. Drain..
- Combine garlic, onion, and ground beef in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until ground beef is brown. Drain any excess fat..
- Add spaghetti sauce to meat mixture and simmer 3-5 minutes until heated through..
- In a 9×13 baking dish or large casserole dish, put a small amount of meat/sauce mixture in the bottom to prevent burning..
- Layer as follows: pasta, meat/sauce mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, pasta, meat/sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top off with a sprinkle (or more!) of grated parmesan cheese..
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly..
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving..
It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. This baked ziti recipe is layers of pasta with meat sauce and three types of cheese, all cooked together to golden brown perfection. A hearty dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd! A saucy, cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe!