Cara's Slow cooker Chicken Burritos. Stir once or twice toward the end of cooking to make sure the rice is cooking evenly. To serve, spoon chicken mixture onto center of each warmed tortilla; top with cheese and cilantro. Fold bottom third of tortilla over filling; fold sides in toward center, leaving top open.
This is one burrito recipe that your family will fall in love with. Burritos are super easy and so versatile, I mean you could wrap just. These slow cooker chicken burrito bowls are healthy, easy, clean, and include a delicious cauliflower rice. You can have Cara's Slow cooker Chicken Burritos using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cara's Slow cooker Chicken Burritos
- You need 3 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 10 of large, burrito sized flour tortillas.
- You need 1 of can of black beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 of can of corn, drained.
- You need 1 of can of rotel, Undrained.
- You need 1 of chicken bullion with 2 cups of water OR 2 cups chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 of packet of taco seasoning.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of juice of 1 lime.
- You need 1 of cilantro (optional).
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fajita seasoning.
- It’s 2 of cups shredded cheese (optional).
This delicious chicken burrito filling is made with chicken thighs and refried beans, and it's super easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker. This is a tasty burrito filling with lots of flavor from the seasonings and jalapeno peppers. Use chicken thighs for the very best flavor and texture. Our friend, field editor and blogger Hannah Williams makes a Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos in her slow cooker.
Cara's Slow cooker Chicken Burritos instructions
- In a slow cooker, add water, bullion cube, taco seasoning & garlic all mixed together. Top with chicken. Low 6-7hrs, high 3-4. Mine were semi frozen so I cooked them on high 5 hrs.
- Remove chicken & shred. Pour all broth into large bowl & reserve. Mash garlic in the bottom of crockpot & leave for now.
- Add chicken, beans, corn, rotel, onions, squeezed lime, fajita seasoning, cilantro plus enough broth to fill half way. Just enough to keep it moist, but not too much to make a soup!.
- Now this needs to cook another hour or so in the slow cooker. I did mine for 2. I wanted all the flavors to be enhanced & come together! This will also give you a chance to check if more seasonings need to be added. Also, the reserved broth is handy if more needs to be added..
- With a slotted spoon, scoop the mixture onto the tortilla, making sure the least amount of juice gets in the tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top. You want to leave 3/4 to 1 inch on each end for accurate folding..
- Once folded, add to a med high griddle or non-stick pan. I add a tiny butter to get a crispy outer edge. Flip burritos until golden on both sides..
- These can be served with salsa, sour cream, guacamole or enjoyed the way they are!! I hope you enjoy!.
The chicken cooks until its fork tender, then shredded and added back to the seasoned juices to Like these Smothered Baked Mexican Chicken Burritos aka "Skinny Chimichangas" with Cheesy Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce… Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken. Let your crockpot do the work for this Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl. A healthful weeknight meal with big flavor! The good news is that I tried my hand at making these Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls at home and I'm happy to say that they turned out great. In a slow cooker, combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, beans, garlic, onion and spices.