Mushy Pea, Pasta, with Prosciutto.
You can have Mushy Pea, Pasta, with Prosciutto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushy Pea, Pasta, with Prosciutto
- It’s 15 ounces of tinned mushy peas.
- You need 1 pound of Cavatappi pasta.
- It’s As needed of water for boiling pasta.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 3 ounces of prosciutto.
- It’s To taste of parmigiano reggiano cheese.
- It’s 1 of small red onion.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground black pepper.
Mushy Pea, Pasta, with Prosciutto instructions
- Fry the prosciutto. Set aside. Reserve the drippings. Boil the pasta in oil, water, and salt..
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Dice the onion and fry in the prosciutto drippings. When the onions are translucent add the pasta directly from the pasta water, spooning it over..
- When covered stir in and do it again till all the pasta is transferred..
- Stir in the mushy peas well making sure all the pasta is covered well. Use the pasta water to thin it a bit to coat the pasta. Chop the prosciutto stir in a bit, and add to the top along with grated and shaved, parmigiano reggiano cheese. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.