Cara's White Chicken Enchiladas. These White Chicken Enchiladas have the easiest cream sauce you could ever make, super delicious, cheesy, gooey, melt in your mouth enchiladas! Perfect for an easy and quick weeknight meal! Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
This recipe can easily be halfed. The Pioneer Woman's white chicken enchiladas are creamy, delicious, and nutritious. Try making chicken enchiladas with white sauce for dinner tonight. You can cook Cara's White Chicken Enchiladas using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cara's White Chicken Enchiladas
- Prepare of Meats.
- It’s 2 lb of shredded, cooked chicken. I cook breasts or tenders in a slow cooker, but any kind or method is up to you.
- Prepare of vegetable.
- You need 1 can of Small can Rotel, I used original. Any variety will work, depending on your level on spice desired.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced. Fresh or jarred is your choice. This goes in with the chicken for the slow cooker.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped or sliced onion. Also for the slow cooker. If u don't want to have onion in chicken mixture, Slice large to make removal easier bit still benefiting from flavor.
- Prepare of Dairy.
- It’s 2 packages of cream cheese (8oz each). I let mine sit out a few hours to get room temperature.
- You need 1 lb of Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded. Any Cheese may be used if you prefer something different.
- It’s 8 oz of Small container of sour cream. I used only about half the container.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare of other.
- You need 1 packages of white corn tortillas 20pk.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, cumin, fajita seasoning, garlic powder. Each is to your own taste & preference. I used the seasonings for the chicken & in the sauce.
- It’s 3 cup of chicken broth.
You can certainly use flour tortillas like a lot of white chicken enchilada recipes do, but I prefer the texture and flavor of corn. Put a spin on traditional enchiladas with this creamy version that's packed with mild green chile enchilada sauce, chicken, chopped green chiles and plenty of cheese! Especially when they are an easy Tips and tricks for this white chicken enchilada casserole. We love to simplify this casserole by using a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery.
Cara's White Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Slow cooker: Add chicken broth, onions, garlic, seasonings & chicken. Cover & cook on low 6-8 hrs or high 4 hours..
- Shred cooked chicken & reserve broth. Remove onions if desired. Place chicken in a skillet with 1/2 cup of broth to keep moisture. Simmer on low..
- In a different skillet, add remaining broth, 2 pkgs of cream cheese, 1 can rotel, 1/2 container of sour cream, 1 cup milk & 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Season as desired & keep on medium heat. Stir frequently to help cheeses melt..
- Once the sauce is completely liquid, you can test the flavor to see if more seasonings need to be added. Lower heat to simmer (low).
- Next, spoon about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of sauce over the shredded chicken. Stir & coat well. This will help keep it together when spooning in tortillas..
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 9×13 pan with sauce to prevent sticking & burning during baking..
- Dip one side of tortilla in sauce & lay that side down in baking dish. The dry side is where you will spoon the chicken. Roll up, seam side down. Repeat until you run out of space or chicken, or tortillas!.
- Remaining sauce & chicken(if any) now gets poured over the enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 min, covered. Uncover another 10min. Let sit 10-15min before eating. This prevents the sauce from being too runny when serving. Enjoy!.
A stacked white chicken enchilada casserole where the tortilla acts like lasagna noodles. These tex-mex enchiladas are made with chicken, beans, and corn! Find this Pin and more on Food and drink by carmen nery. Read reviews from world's largest community for readers. I had never heard of such until I came upon this recipe.