Chicken and Rice. Chicken and rice is an unbeatable combo. We put together a collection of chicken and rice recipes that range from soups and salads to main dishes and more. Take the two basic ingredients of rice and chicken and create something delicious.
Want to try some chicken and rice recipes? If you want a complete meal for lunch or dinner, this is With all the chicken recipes I've tried this month, I thought, "Why not throw in some rice in the mix?". Chicken and rice combine with cream of chicken soup and sour cream in this crowd-pleasing casserole topped with a buttery cracker crust. You can cook Chicken and Rice using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Rice
- You need of Stage 1 Chicken.
- You need 8 of skinless chicken thighs (bone-in).
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It’s of Flour mixture.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need of Stage 2 Rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Uncle Ben's white rice.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 4 stalks of celery chopped.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cups of chicken broth.
Hainanese chicken rice is a dish of poached chicken and seasoned rice, served with chilli sauce and usually with cucumber garnishes. It was created by immigrants from Hainan in southern China and. Hainanese chicken rice has become a famous dish (thanks, Anthony Bourdain!), but it's especially popular in South East Asian countries like Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. Chicken and rice is a staple dish in the cuisines of many cultures, and there are a number of variations and ways to cook this dish.
Chicken and Rice instructions
- Combine flour mixture in a plastic bag. Coat chicken thighs..
- Preheat oil and butter in large skillet medium-high heat. Fry chicken until golden brown on both sides. Don't be concerned that it's not fully cooked, it will continue cooking with the rice..
- Take chicken out of pan and transfer into pressure cooker..
- In same pan, add in rice. Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat or until slightly toasted..
- Add in onion and celery to the rice. Cook additional 3-5 minutes..
- Transfer rice mixture into pressure cooker as well. Add chicken broth and bay leaves..
- Cook on rice setting at high pressure. Use the instant release option and enjoy!.
Chicken and rice can be baked, cooked in a saucepan or Dutch oven. Chicken and Rice Recipe – An easy, healthy dinner made with simple and real ingredients in just one pot. Perfect for any night of the week! Broth or water: Low sodium chicken broth/stock from a carton or. Chicken and rice make perfect partners for easy, budget-friendly one-dish meals.