Turkish Savory Pastry with spinach, red pepper and cheese. Poğaças pronounced pwa-cha is a savory Turkish pastry made with feta and blue cheese. Here's what you need: ricotta cheese, fresh spinach, artichoke heart, salt, pepper, frozen puff pastry, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperonis, marinara Place the roasted red peppers, pesto, and mozzarella pearls in the middle four cube divots. Bulgarians serve this vegetarian cheese pastry room temperature or cold with plain yogurt on the side.
The gorgeous and fragrant roasted red pepper sauce is the perfect finishing touch. To make this recipe meatless, replace the smoked ham Purée in a blender and return to the pan or purée directly in the pan with an immersion blender. Check the sauce for balance; it should. You can cook Turkish Savory Pastry with spinach, red pepper and cheese using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkish Savory Pastry with spinach, red pepper and cheese
- You need 10-20 of baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare 1 tea spoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of crumble feta cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green onions,/optional.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of grated ginger/optional.
- It’s of for the Dough:.
- You need 1 stick of melted butter,(cooled down).
- You need 4 oz of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 tbl of spoon plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1,5 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of corn flour.
- You need 2 cup of wheat flour.
- It’s of for the topping:.
- It’s 1 of yolk beaten.
- You need of sesame and /or nigella seeds to decorate.
Borek is a traditional Turkish pastry made with phyllo dough and usually stuffed with cheese, although there are many other filling variations such as spinach, ground meat, veggies and herbs. Once you get your hands on good feta cheese and phyllo dough, you are almost ready to make Borek at home. Easy to do savory crepes with a spinach and cheese stuffing, and a review of Julia Child's My Life in France. It can go either way with savory crepes.
Turkish Savory Pastry with spinach, red pepper and cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 375F. cut spinach,kale red pepper,in a bowl sprinkle 1 tsp salt, few mints later get rid of excess water by squeezing..
- Add crumbled feta cheese to veggies,.
- In another large bowl start making dough by mixing butter,egg,corn flour,baking powder, vegetable oil,salt, yogurt,.
- Mixing and slowly adding wheat flour until dough reaches consistency of a soft dough..
- You will add dough cheese mixture,folding couple of times..
- Take a small mandarin size dough, make kind of half moon or oval shape,put on a baking tray covered baking paper. brush shaped dough with beaten egg yolk and sprinkle some sesame and nigella seeds.bake about 30 minutes..
I am full after I eat fried ham and cheese ones, but mushroom tartar crepes – while delicious – still require a piece of chicken, or something on the side if. Drain the spinach and red pepper in a colander, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Combine the cream cheese and milk in the saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot and softened. Stir in the cooked spinach and red peppers, Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and. Roasted Red Pepper Pasta makes a comforting and delicious meal!