Asian Spiced Pork Ribs.
You can cook Asian Spiced Pork Ribs using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Spiced Pork Ribs
- You need of Pre-Cook.
- It’s 1/2 kg (1lb) of pork ribs.
- Prepare 2-3 pcs of Bay Leaves.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Few pinches peppercorns.
- Prepare of Shallow Fry.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, sliced.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar or Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar or stevia equivalent.
- You need of Generous sprinkle of Five-Spice powder.
- Prepare Dash of salt and pepper.
Asian Spiced Pork Ribs instructions
- Salt your pork ribs and boil in water with the bay leaves and peppercorns for 20-30 mins to make it tender. Set the broth aside..
- After boiling get a new pan and heat butter with cooking oil for shallow frying..
- Sauté the garlic slices until fragrant..
- Then add in your pork ribs and render the fat on all sides..
- Then add the red wine vingar, soy sauce and Worcestershire. DONT MIX OR STIR YET. Just cover the pan and let it be for 7-10mins, let the vinegar cook thru..
- After 10 mins when vinegar smell is gone, now you can use your spatula to mix and get all sides of the pork dressed with the vinegar-soy sauce. Add a couple tbsps of the pork broth to help if it seems dry. Season with a dash of salt and pepper while stir-frying..
- Sprinkle five-spice powder on all pieces. Continue mixing and stir-frying..
- Sprinkle five-spice again and continue sautéing. I did about 3 rounds of five-spice sprinkling until I got the desired color, aroma, and fat-rendering..
- Serve hot and pair with rice, pasta or veggies..