Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie. Leftover turkey and gravy inspired this savory pot pie that includes onions, mushrooms, garlic, and frozen vegetables in a savory main dish that extends the pleasures of a holiday meal. This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. Brushing the crust with heavy cream and sprinkling with flaky sea salt is an absolute must.
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Leftover Turkey Pot Pies are a great way to use Thanksgiving leftovers like turkey, carrots, onions, celery, even pie crust. The great thing about these Turkey Pot Pies is that they use many of the ingredients you likely already have on hand from making other. You can create Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie by using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can cook it:
Ingredients of Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 2 small of potatoes, sliced thin.
- You need 1/2 cup of white chopped onion.
- You need 2 medium of white mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 2 slice of bacon, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of turkey, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green peas.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s of Pumpkin filling sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of left over pumpkin pie filling.
- You need 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 tbsp of toasted spice rub.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need of Pot pie topping.
- You need 1 of Pie crust dough.
Some popular Thanksgiving Leftover recipes are Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Fritatta and Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprouts Slaw to name a few! Of course, you can also make them with chicken! These little hand pies are baked in the oven, made. Leftover Turkey Tamale Pie – Sorry, Pumpkin, There's a New Thanksgiving Pie in Town.
Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350°. If using pie crust dough, roll it out now..
- Heat a large skillet over med heat, and add chopped bacon..
- After about 3 mins, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted..
- Add your sliced potatoes, stirring to coat with butter, and bacon. Let potatoes brown..
- After about 5 mins, add chopped onions, carrots, green peas and mushrooms. Stir occasionally, to avoid over browning..
- When the onions are clear and carrots softened, add chopped turkey. Reduce heat to low..
- In a small sauce pot over med heat, add butter, pumpkin, and heavy cream. Season with toasted spice rub, bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth, breaking up pumpkin pie filling. Turn off heat..
- Create a well in the middle of your skillet. Add remaining butter, melt, and stir in flour to create a quick roux. Add pumpkin sauce and stir to combine..
- Put your filling into baking dish, and cover top with pie crust dough. Poke holes in the middle for venting, and place in oven. Cook untill golden brown. Let stand 10 mins before serving. ENJOY :).
- NOTE: The toasted spice rub mix I used is from a recipe by Michael Chiarello (Food Network). You can find the recipe on Food Network Web site or app under the recipe titled; Roasted Butternut Squash Soup..
While I'm branding this as a post-Thanksgiving leftover turkey recipe, it's really a “how to make tamale pie” video, since you can sub in virtually. Thanksgiving leftovers make the perfect pot pie: turkey or chicken, onion, celery, stuffing, and pie crust. The site may earn a commission on some products. You can make it with chicken or turkey…whatever's. Leftover turkey – transformed into a Leftover Turkey Pot Pie!