Gumbo with shrimp and sausage/bangers. 🙂. Some gumbos do contain sausage, shrimp and chicken, but there are humbler ones that are made with only salt pork, onions and greens. Finally, there is the filé powder camp. These cooks use copious amounts of the stuff, which is made from finely powdered sassafras leaves.
I substituted Keilbasa sausage as could not locate andouille and it worked great! Roux was not that difficult but requires patience 🙂. This authentic little recipe uses the king of all sausages, spicy andouille sausage, with shrimp and traditional gumbo fixings. You can have Gumbo with shrimp and sausage/bangers. 🙂 using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gumbo with shrimp and sausage/bangers. 🙂
- It’s 4 pounds of sausage/bangers.
- You need 2 of large Gumbo cans.
- You need 2 cans of corn with red peppers and pàblõnó peppers mixed in.
- Prepare 2 cans of black-eyed beans/Nero beans.
- Prepare 2 bags of medium shrimp.
- It’s of to taste (seasonings & toppings):.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of lemon pepper.
- You need of Creole seasoning (original).
- It’s of Hot Sauce.
- You need of Lawry's herb and garlic with Lemon juice marinade.
- You need of Brown rice (optional).
- It’s of Bell peppers.
- You need of shredded cheeses (Monterey jack mixed with Colby.
- You need of Sharp Cheddar cheese.
Simmering the shrimp shells in the broth adds distinct flavor, but you can skip this step and start with peeled shrimp. This classic Cajun dish with sliced smoked sausage, shrimp, bell peppers and okra in a rich broth is ladled into bowls over rice. This flavorful sausage and shrimp gumbo is a tried-and-true recipe, the perfect Louisiana gumbo to make for your family or special dinner guests. This fabulous shrimp gumbo is flavored with some spicy andouille sausage, tomatoes, and the "holy trinity" of Cajun and Creole cooking: onion, celery.
Gumbo with shrimp and sausage/bangers. 🙂 step by step
- De-stem and de-seed your bells and cut them up..
- Dump your cans in a (stockpot) (do not drain)..
- Cut up your sausage/bangers and de-tail your shrimp. and dump them in the pot..
- Add your spices to your liking (I used about 7 big scoops for all the spices)..
- Cook rice in a separate pot..
- After the gumbos ready put the 2 kinds of cheese on top (it will melt)..
- Enjoy. ❤🙂.
- Stuff you will need. 🙂.
Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. The secret is in the slow-cooked roux — don't skip it! Serve with white rice for soaking up the rich sauce. You could also prepare the gumbo up to the point before you add the shrimp, and then chill and refrigerate for a day or two. You absolutely NEED this shrimp and sausage gumbo recipe from Delish.com in your back pocket.