Spicy Beef & Nian Gao.
You can have Spicy Beef & Nian Gao by using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can create that:
Ingredients of Spicy Beef & Nian Gao
- Prepare of Shaved Steak.
- Prepare of Nian Gao.
- It’s of Long Hot Peppers.
- It’s of Sm. Onion.
- You need of Garlic.
- It’s of Chilli Flakes.
- Prepare of Spice Powder.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Onion Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper (or white if you have it).
- You need of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Hot Chilli Oil.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
- It’s of Green Onion.
- It’s of Cornstarch/Water Solution.
Spicy Beef & Nian Gao instructions
- Get your veggies in order. (The asparagus was a side dish. Disregard that). Season your meat with the spices, a clove of garlic and a 2 count of chilli oil. Go easy on the 5 spice, it can be overwhelming. A couple shakes goes a long way..
- Bust out the Nian Gao and get some water boiling. Get a good handful and separate them so they’re not stuck together when boiling. You’re going to add that to the boiling water when you start stir frying your veggies..
- Get some canola oil in your pan and add in the garlic, onion and peppers. Heat the veggies with a little salt and pepper. Once they’re good and fragrant, which will be fast, add in the beef. Let that cook for a minute and add a touch of soy sauce. By now, the nian gao should be floating. Add it into your pan and mix well..
- Take a couple ladles of the nian gao water and add it into the stir fry. Mix. Add dissolved cornstarch and water to it and mix until the liquid has thickened..
- Top with green onions and a little chilli oil. Serve with rice and your choice of sides..