Brenda's Spanish Rice. How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice. Whatever You Call It, We've Got The Best And Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe You Can Find. It Tastes Like It Came Straight From The Restaurant.
Cover, reduce, and cook till liquid is absorbed. My mother's signature Spanish rice recipe, a delicious accompaniment to steak, chicken, and Mexican entrees such as tacos or enchiladas. Spanish Rice from Delish.com is a perfect side for dinner. You can have Brenda's Spanish Rice using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brenda's Spanish Rice
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked white rice.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 can of (10 oz) diced tomatoes & green chilies.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder, or to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
This classic Mexican-style Spanish Rice (also called arroz rojo) has all the crucial elements: tomato (in the form of tomato sauce), onion, garlic. How to Make Spanish Rice and Beans. Toast Rice: Toasting the rice before simmering will give it a Can you make Spanish Rice with brown rice? The texture will be a little less fluffy, but you'll.
Brenda's Spanish Rice instructions
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute rice, onion & bell pepper until rice is browned and onions are tender..
- Stir in stock and tomatoes. Season with chili powder & salt. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is cooked and all liquid is absorbed..
- You can use diced tomatoes & jalapenos for a bit more heat if desired..
- Nutritional Info: Calories: 270 | Total Fat: 7.6g | Cholesterol: 0mg.
Easy Spanish Rice, also called Mexican Rice, that tastes just like your favorite restaurant side dish Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice add-ins: Tomato: Fresh diced tomatoes or even canned diced tomatoes. Spanish rice, also known as Mexican rice, red rice, or arroz rojo, is a Mexican side dish or an ingredient in other dishes made from white rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions, etc. Spanish Rice is one of my families favorite side dishes. I make a lot of Mexican inspired meals and I also make this Spanish Rice on the stove top on a regular basis and have great success with it that. This Spanish Rice is made with pantry staples and will become a regular in your family dinner rotation!