Miguel’s Adobo Chicken (InstaPot Version).
You can cook Miguel’s Adobo Chicken (InstaPot Version) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Miguel’s Adobo Chicken (InstaPot Version)
- It’s of Adobo Seasoning:.
- Prepare 4 tbs of Paprika (I use Smoked Paprika occasionally for a more smoky flavor).
- You need 3 tbs of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbs of Onion Powder.
- It’s 2 tbs of Cumin.
- You need 2 tbs of Mexican Oregano (regular will work in a pinch).
- You need 1 tbs of Chipotle Powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of Garlic Powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt,.
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- It’s 6 of dried Guajillo Chili Pods.
- It’s 2 of dried Ancho Chili Pods.
- Prepare 2 cups of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 tbs of Tomato Paste.
- It’s of Chicken:.
- You need 2-3 lbs of Chicken Breast.
- You need 2-3 tbs of cooking oil.
Miguel’s Adobo Chicken (InstaPot Version) instructions
- Mix the adobo ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. If you have leftover, you can save it for next time or use it in place of taco seasoning, etc..
- Coat the chicken with salt and the adobo seasoning on all sides and place covered in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or overnight..
- For the sauce, boil 4 cups of water. While the water is heating up, take the dried chili’s and remove stems and seeds. Once water reaches a boil, remove from heat and submerge dried peppers in the water. Cover and steep for 15 minutes..
- While the peppers are steeping, place the chicken stock, vinegar, garlic, and tomato paste in a blender. When the chili’s are ready, add to blender also and blend until smooth..
- In a large pan, heat approx 2-3 tbs oil on med-high heat. When oil is hot, sauté the chicken for approx 7-8 mins on each side until browned well..
- Move browned chicken to the InstaPot and cover with the sauce. Set cooker on high pressure for 20 minutes and let pressure decrease naturally (approx 15-20 mins)..
- Serve topped chopped onions and cilantro with a side of rice or serve in tacos with your favorite toppings! Yumm!!.