Rotini with sausage and apples. This Italian Sausage Rotini is a husband favorite (our kids love it too)! It's a little spicy and really cheesy and just yummy. Even though this is an Italian sausage rotini bake, that doesn't mean you have to use rotini noodles.
Place pan on stove over medium heat. Pour in balsamic vinegar and red wine. I used whole wheat rotini, and I used hot italian turkey sausage as opposed to sweet, and then dialed back. You can have Rotini with sausage and apples using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rotini with sausage and apples
- Prepare 3 of fresh pork sausages (kielbasa, Italian, or bratwurst all work).
- You need 4 cups of dry rotini noodles.
- You need 1 of large Honeycrisp apple, cored and chopped.
- It’s 1 of large shallot, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of light cream.
- Prepare Handful of fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons.
The Best Garden Rotini Recipes on Yummly Italian Sausage With Pasta And Herbs, Asparagus Pesto With Gnocchi And Ham, Quick Zesty Chicken Pasta Pot. Cutting the uncooked sausages into chunks turns them into something like meatballs. The sauce is fresh and quick to make, and if your family isn't crazy about zucchini, you Meanwhile, cook the rotini in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender.
Rotini with sausage and apples step by step
- Add 1 cm of water and the sausages to a large pan on medium-high heat. Let simmer until the water boils off and the sausages are about half-cooked. While you're waiting, put a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta..
- Drop the rotini into the pot of boiling water. Remove the sausages from the pan and cut them into 1/2 cm rings. Return them to the pan along with the apples, shallot, garlic, and a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Fry until the sausages are caramelized and the apples softened but not mushy, about 5 or 6 minutes. Add a couple of pinches of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper..
- Stir the cream into the pan. Drain the pasta and add it, along with a splash of the pasta cooking water. Throw in the basil, then toss..
Drain and add to the sausage mixture in the pan. Easily enhance jarred pasta sauce with Italian sausages, garlic, peppers and onion. If you have leftover baked rotini with sausage, you can portion it and freeze it for another meal later. Cook up a batch of savory Baked Rotini with Sausage and Spinach for your dinner entrée tonight with the family. And I'm eating leftovers for lunch right now as I type this.