Tri-Colour Tossed Pasta Salad. Tri-color pasta, American cheese and broccoli tossed with Italian-style dressing. Tri-Color Pasta Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Tri-Color Pasta Salad My Favorite Pasta Salad.
I love black olives, but Matthew hates them. When he eats pasta salad, it's just a bowl left of black olives. Easy recipe for the best tri color pasta salad! You can cook Tri-Colour Tossed Pasta Salad using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tri-Colour Tossed Pasta Salad
- You need 500 g of Del Monte Farfalle Pasta.
- You need 1 of Large Red Capsicum.
- You need 1 of Large Green Capsicum.
- It’s 1 of Large Yellow Capsicum.
- It’s 2 of Large Onion.
- You need 150 g of Cherry Tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 of Medium sized Garlic Cloves.
- It’s 150 g of Boiled Sweet Corn.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Oregano.
- You need of Chilli Flakes.
This is the perfect Summer time salad that uses Italian dressing, fresh vegetables and rotini pasta! How to make Tri Color Pasta Salad. Here is a quick breakdown of how to make it. For the complete list of ingredients and directions, find the printable option Prepare your pasta: I just make mine according to package directions or al dente.
Tri-Colour Tossed Pasta Salad step by step
- Take 500 g for Farfalle pasta in a wide mouthed container and boil it for 10 minutes in 5 litres of water..
- Add a pinch of salt and a tbsp of Olive Oil so that the pasta don't stick with each other..
- With the help of a strainer, filter out the cooked pasta, rinse it again in cold water and keep it aside..
- Do a Julienne cut for the Red, Green and Yellow Capsicums and Split the Cherry tomatoes..
- Split the Onion into 4 pieces and remove the petals separately and finely chop the Garlic Cloves..
- Take a large sauté pan and add 6 tbsp of olive oil..
- In high flame, add the finely chopped garlic and fry till golden brown so that the flavour infuses well in the oil..
- Remove the fried garlic and retain the flavored oil and bring it to room temperature..
- In low flame, add the onion petals to the pan and sauté it in plain olive oil. Ensure that it is not completely cooked and set aside the tossed onions..
- Add the julienned capsicums and sauté it in low flame with plain olive oil and set it aside..
- Take a large bowl and add the boiled pasta along with the sautéd vegetables..
- Add the boiled sweet corn and freshly split Cherry Tomatoes..
- Drizzle the garlic-infused olive oil along with salt to taste..
- Add dried oregano and chilli flakes generously and toss the salad in the bowl well..
- Garnish the salad with herbs of your choice and Voila! your Colorful Pasta Salad is ready!.
In separate bowl, stir together remaining ingredients; these will be your dressing. Pour dressing over pasta mixture, and toss all to coat. Tri Color Pasta Salad Recipe (VIDEO)Simply Home Cooked. Tri-color pasta salad has a nice, bright look from both the pasta and the peppers, and the balsamic vinaigrette gives it tons of flavor without the heaviness of a creamy dressing. Usually tomatoes are a part of a pasta salad, but we've chosen to leave them behind here.