Southern Sriracha Potato Salad. We like our potato salad chilled so I boiled the potatoes, skin on and then refrigerated them overnight. I have been eating southern potato salad for sixty years and trying to perfect a recipe for at least forty. This Southern Potato Salad recipe is a delicious side perfect for casual suppers and cookouts!
Creamy, soulful Southern potato salad recipe. Made with simple ingredients with old-fashioned flavor. Ingrid's because it's so creamy with the perfect mayo-mustard ratio. You can make Southern Sriracha Potato Salad by using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it:
Ingredients of Southern Sriracha Potato Salad
- You need 5 of each Idaho potatoes (2 pounds) — peel, dice cook 3/4 inch.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 3 of eggs — hard boiled 15 minutes, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small onion — finely chopped.
- You need 1 stalk of celery — finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley — finely chopped.
- You need 2 ounces of pickles- chopped or relish — finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Sriracha -(Sriracha is a personal thing add more if you like after its done :).
- It’s 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of French's yellow mustard.
She cuts her eggs and potatoes really small so you get a bit of. This creamy potato salad has the perfect balance of tang and savoriness. The bacon adds a nice crunch, making this the a great potato salad for a bbq. Sriracha should be the LAST thing added.
Southern Sriracha Potato Salad step by step
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 15 minutes. Then run under cold water to cool, peel underwater and chop the eggs small..
- Dice the potatoes into 3/4″ cubes then place in a saucepan and cover with cold water -1 inch over the potatoes..
- Add salt to the water Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. and cook until done about 15 minutes..
- Do not drain off the water until you are sure that the potatoes are done. Then cool the potatoes on a sheet pan in the refrigerator..
- Combine all ingredients and mix well, adjust the seasonings as needed then chill and serve..
Once all ingredients are in the bowl, give the salad a few good folds to combine and coat potatoes. A basic and traditional southern potato salad – simply potatoes, onion, celery, eggs, just a bit of mustard, some pickle and mayonnaise. Potato salad reminds me so much of my Mama. This recipe is basically the same as hers – simple, basic, southern potato salad. This zesty Bacon Sriracha Potato Salad will spice up your Spring and Summer barbecues, picnics, and parties!