Watermelon basil iced tea. Before serving, add the watermelon and basil and pour over ice. Learn how to make Watermelon and Basil Iced Tea. Pour the water into a heat-resistant pitcher.
With flavors of fresh watermelon, basil and lime. The lesson being that watermelon and iced tea are long lost friends. This refreshing watermelon basil iced tea is a great homemade tea that you can make at home using a few simple ingredients and it tastes great! You can cook Watermelon basil iced tea using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Watermelon basil iced tea
- Prepare 4 of Tea Bags.
- Prepare 4 Cups of Boiling Water.
- You need 3 Slices of Watermelon.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Honey.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of Dried Basil.
- You need 2 of Lime Juice.
Southerners know how to cool down. We had to figure it out to survive. Not only are the summer months below the Mason-Dixon line just plain hot, the humidity makes it downright oppressive. That's why we drink a lot of refreshing sweet tea… and enjoy a fair share of our favorite summer fruit: watermelon.
Watermelon basil iced tea instructions
- Add the tea bags in a glass jar, pour in boiling water and let sit for 10 minutes. Once it has cooled remove the tea leaves and put the jug in the fridge to chill for one hour.
- Meanwhile blend the watermelon until smooth. Sieve the watermelon into a cup so that you are left with only the juice.
- In a separate glass mix the 1/2 cup water with honey and stir until honey dissolves. Add in the dried basil and stir to mix.
- After one hour remove jug from fridge. Add in the watermelon juice and stir well. Add also the honey-water-basil mixture.
- Squeeze juice of two limes into the tea. Stir to combine well.
- Pour the watermelon basil iced tea in a mock-tail glass. You can add ice cubes for a chilled drink or you can put the iced tea in the fridge to chill further.
Add ice, basil leaves and fresh watermelon slices and top with the soda water or lemonade. Lemon Myrtle & Strawberry Iced Tea. Cool off with some classy Watermelon Basil Lime Iced Tea from The Candid Appetite. Iced tea is one of those things that I always drink at other people's homes or at restaurants, but have never really thought about making it myself. Watermelon iced tea combines the ideas of Southern sweet tea and watermelon agua fresca into one delicious drink.