Rotini with Broccoli and Chickpeas. Uncover and add pasta, remaining sage, and Parmesan cheese; toss to combine. Mix in more of reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if pasta is dry. Pasta and fresh broccoli combine with the delicious and complementary flavors of lemon and garlic.
Dice the chicken and add it and their juices back to the pan. Add the cooked & drained rotini pasta, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil then mix until combined. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. You can have Rotini with Broccoli and Chickpeas using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rotini with Broccoli and Chickpeas
- It’s 188 grams of whole wheat rotini.
- It’s 1 head of broccoli.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth).
- It’s 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 540 ml of canned chickpeas.
- You need 2 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
While pasta cooks, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. I made this with whole-wheat pasta and fresh broccoli — it was fine but too salty! Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper and cook until garlic turns yellow.
Rotini with Broccoli and Chickpeas instructions
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 6 minutes. Add broccoli and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and broccoli are just tender, about 3 minutes more. Drain..
- Whisk broth and flour in a small bowl..
- Heat oil in the pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute..
- Add in the broth mixture. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until it thickens..
- Add chickpeas, vinegar, salt, pepper and the pasta mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and coated with the sauce, about 2 minutes..
Add broccoli and pasta to skillet. Drain pasta and broccoli; stir into skillet with marinara mixture. I've made it with brown rice pasta, chickpea rotini and red lentil rotini, in each case with tasty results. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then simmer for several minutes or just until the broccoli is tender-crisp. Add the cooked pasta, nutmeg and parmesan cheese and cook until the pasta is.