Cheats Pea and Ricotta Ravioli with Rich Tomato Sauce.
You can have Cheats Pea and Ricotta Ravioli with Rich Tomato Sauce using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheats Pea and Ricotta Ravioli with Rich Tomato Sauce
- You need of Tomato sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of large garlic clove (thinly sliced).
- It’s 1 tin of tomatoes.
- Prepare Pinch of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare Pinch of chilli flakes.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Ravioli:.
- Prepare 200 g of frozen peas.
- You need 125 g of ricotta cheese.
- You need of Optional as outside mystery bag [1 lemon, zested].
- Prepare 250 g of fresh lasagne sheets.
- It’s 1 of small egg.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 200 g of tenderstem broccoli.
Cheats Pea and Ricotta Ravioli with Rich Tomato Sauce step by step
- Heat the oil in a saucepan with the thinly sliced garlic..
- Once the garlic has softened and started turning golden brown, add the tin tomatoes and half of the tin filled with water. Mix and mash the tomatoes down if required..
- Add the dried herbs, sugar, chilli flakes and salt and pepper, then simmer on a low/medium heat..
- Boil some water and pour half in a large shallow pan and set to medium heat..
- Put the peas in a bowl covered with boiling water and microwave for two minutes..
- Drain the peas and then blend with the ricotta, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper (adjusting to taste) to make the filling..
- OPTION FOR A QUICK OPEN RAVIOLI VERSION – boil the lasagne until cooked, cut each sheet into 3 pieces, place into the bowl with a spoonful of filling then fold the sheet over to create loose ravioli..
- For true ravioli continue here: Boil each lasagne sheet in the shallow pan for 2 mins, then remove gently and place on a board..
- Pat dry and then cut into 6 pieces..
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of filling onto the smallest 3 pieces. Dab a thin border of egg wash around the filling..
- Place the other piece of lasagne sheet over the top and press down around the edges, squeezing the air out as you go..
- Let sit whilst you do the other two ravioli. Cut any thin overlaps around the edges, pushing the knife down..
- Whilst making the ravioli, steam the broccoli over the sauce until cooked. Coat the broccoli lightly with oil, salt and pepper and pan fry or grill until slightly charred..
- Repeat steps 8-12 until you have enough ravioli and have used up all the lasagne sheets..
- Cook the ravioli gently for 2 mins in a pan of boiling water..
- Serve with the tomato sauce and a grating of parmesan with the broccoli on the side..