Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce. This mofongo with garlic sauce is totally simple to make. If you're tired of potatoes or sweet potatoes, it's a nice nutrient-dense carb option to work into your routine. Grilled or pan-fried shrimp are a brilliant protein to serve with mofongo.
In this video I show you how to make a. Mofongo Recipe (Garlic-Flavored Mashed Plantains): a very tasty dish with pork rind mixed in and Mofongo is a tasty dish made with fried green plantains, which are mashed with garlic and mixed We had chicken mofongo which had a red sauce on it. Where can I find a similar recipe for this. You can cook Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce
- Prepare 6 of green plantain.
- You need 3 lb of of shrimp.
- You need 6 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of sofrito.
- It’s 1 of adobo and garlic powder.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 bag of of hard crackling.
- It’s 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 3 of packs of sazon con achote.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
Shrimp Mofongo Recipe Cajun Shrimp Recipes Sauce Recipes Cooking Recipes Healthy Recipes Shrimp In Garlic Sauce Garlic Butter How To · Large, plump shrimp are marinated in a savory sauce of lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, olive oil, dried basil, and brown sugar, then grilled to. The red pepper (mojo picon) sauce takes the dish over the top! This mofongo with garlic sauce is totally simple to make. Mofongo con Camarones is best served immediately.
Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce step by step
- Cut tips from bananas slit down on 3 sides easier to peel. Cut into 1/2 inch wheels.
- Put oil to heat 350-400 degrees.put enough oil to cover plantains..
- When oil gets hot put plantains in dont over crowd. When golden brown n semi tender remove until all are fried..
- In big bowl throw all fried plantains begin mashing. crush the 2 garlic cloves add to plantains add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add crackling n keep mashing until all plantains are mashed n ingredients are combine.garlic n olive oil is spread. better to mix with hands.
- Get a small bowl put some plantains in and pack down with spatula take out. should have shape of bowl put round side up..
- For shrimps in garlic red sauce.
- Boil 3 cups of water i eyeball it. Throw in bay leaf some adobo and garlic powder smash garlic 1/2 onion choped. 1 tablespoon sofrito to taste . Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in cold water to thicken add to pot..
- When thicken add shrimp. dont over cook. Pour over mofongo. You can stuff it or eat it plain or with the pork crackling recipe i have here also. Enjoy :).
In this tasty mofongo with shrimp recipe, I personally cut back on the garlic use while mashing the fried plantains because of the shrimp sauce already including a decent amount. Like mashed potatoes, mofongo, made with mashed green plantains, is a delicious, garlicky vehicle for all kinds of savory toppings. Lightly season shrimp with creole spice. Run a knife or spatula between the mofongo and the mortar walls, place shrimp sauce in the middle. Serve right out of the mortar or turn the mortar upside down, on serving.