Boudin stuffed peppers. Top each with about a tablespoon of diced tomatoes. Place stuffed peppers in a baking dish, and add some of the boiled water to the dish. Boudin Stuffed Green Peppers and Rice !
Read the Boudin Stuffed Poblanos discussion from the Chowhound General Discussion, Poblano Pepper food community. Mouthwatering pork boudin, seafood boudin, & exclusive recipes. Cajun Grocer ships fresh foods fast & straight Boudin is a regional specialty found only in Southern Louisiana. You can have Boudin stuffed peppers using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Boudin stuffed peppers
- It’s 4 of large bell peppers, washed, split long ways, cleaned.
- You need 1-1 1/2 lbs of boudin, casings removed.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of GROUND meat of choice,browned, seasoned and drained. Beef, pork, turkey, chicken, whatever you like, I used beef.
- You need 1-1 1/2 cups of cooked white rice.
- Prepare 28 oz of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of shredded smoked gouda.
- It’s of Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders.
The Best Boudin Sausage Dinner Recipes on Yummly Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner, No Chopping Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner, Fried Boudin Balls With Remoulade Sauce. Boudin (boo-dahn) is a wonderfully scrumptious Cajun dish made with meat, rice, and seasonings. Boudin sausage is normally stuffed with pork and rice, but you can add shrimp, crawfish, or alligator.
Boudin stuffed peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 400. Place split and cleaned peppers in a sprayed dish, I use cast iron. Spray the peppers well with olive oil spray and salt and pepper them. Place them in the oven until the filling is made and it’s time to fill..
- Brown the ground beef. While that’s browning, In a bowl, crumble the boudin. Mix with the cooked rice and the drained cooked beef. Add about a half to 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce to this mixture. Mix well..
- Pack all the filling into the peppers. Drizzle the rest of the tomato sauce over and around the peppers. Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders over that. Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins..
- After 30 mins or so, pull from the oven and uncover. Add a pile of the shredded smoked Gouda to the top of each pepper. Return to oven to melt the cheese, maybe 10 minutes. Done and done..
We've loved stuffed peppers since we first laid eyes on them. This is our classic recipe—once you master them, feel free start experimenting with our Cheesesteak and Chicken Parm varieties. Stuffed peppers is a dish common in many cuisines. It consists of hollowed or halved peppers filled with any of a variety of fillings, often including meat, vegetables, cheese, rice, or sauce. The dish is usually assembled by filling the cavities of the peppers and then cooking.