Orecchiette with tomato and burrata cheese. Rossella Rago and Nonna Romana are making homemade orecchiette pasta with tomato sauce and burrata. Follow us on: Orecchiette with Tomato & Basil and Burrata. Add the Burrata on top of the pasta and slice it open.
This is such an excellent, tasty, easy, and fun dish. I never thought brie cheese would work so well with tomato and basil (my absolute favorite. Tomatoes & Burrata from Barefoot Contessa. You can have Orecchiette with tomato and burrata cheese using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orecchiette with tomato and burrata cheese
- Prepare 400 g of orecchiette pasta.
- It’s 2 of small burrata.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 tin of tomato pulp.
- It’s of Basil.
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare of Cheese.
Cut each ball of cheese in half… Cut each tomato in half through the stem end and distribute them around the burrata. Drizzle the tomatoes and burrata generously with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. The Best Burrata Cheese Recipes on Yummly Orecchiette With Yellow Tomatoes and Bocconcini.
Orecchiette with tomato and burrata cheese instructions
- Start with the tomato and onion sauce. Slice the onion, soften them in the olive oil and then add the tinned tomatoes with a quarter of a glass of water and a pinch of salt. Cook gently for about 20 min..
- Slice the basil and add it just a couple of minutes before the tomato sauce is cooked. Add the tomato sauce to the pasta, add some parmesan cheese and mix together..
- Plate the pasta up and put on the top half of the burrata cheese and garnish with a basil leaf..
The Pro Tip: Recipe creator Jenny likes to use grated pecorino Romano cheese to garnish this pasta dish. She explains that because it's made of sheep's milk, it has a stronger flavor that adds something special to the dish. No more grilled cheese without burrata, that's for sure. What on earth have I been doing with my life that I've completely NEGLECTED to put burrata in my grilled cheese? So, what else is sort of special aside from the seasoned tomatoes and melty burrata cheese?