Homemade Pasta: Orecchiette.
You can have Homemade Pasta: Orecchiette using 2 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Pasta: Orecchiette
- It’s 250 grams of Semolina flour.
- Prepare 150 ml of Lukewarm water.
Homemade Pasta: Orecchiette instructions
- Fill a large bowl with the semolina flour, shape it into a mound, then make a well in the middle. Gradually pour 2/3 the amount of lukewarm water into the well and mix in the flour..
- After mixing the water and flour, gradually add the rest of the lukewarm water a little at a time, and knead until the dough reaches the firmness of your earlobes. Bring together into a ball..
- Transfer to a work surface. With one hand, hold down the part of the dough closest to you..
- With the other hand, press down on the side of the dough farthest from you, then use your palm to knead away from you several times..
- Rotate the dough to evenly knead. Put your weight into it for ease..
- The once dry dough will turn elastic. Once it is well kneaded until elastic, bring it together into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, then let sit for 20 minutes..
- Cut the dough into fourths, and roll each portion into long rope 1 cm in diameter. Wrap any dough that you won't be using..
- Chop 1.5 cm pieces from the rope of dough..
- With your non-dominant hand, pinch a piece of the dough between your thumb and pointer and middle fingers. Lightly press on the dough while smoothing out the rounded imprint with your thumb..
- To prevent the pasta shapes from sticking together, lightly dust with flour, put on a dish, and wrap in plastic wrap..
- To boil the pasta: Boil a pot full of water, add a handful of salt, bring to a boil, then add the orecchiette and mix..
- Remove the orecchiette pasta 30 seconds after they rise to the surface, check the firmness, and drain..
- The photo shows orecchiette pasta with a soy milk-based sauce. Make this pasta when you want to enjoy a tasty sauce..