Moghrabieh – semolina dough with chicken. Moghrabieh is a traditional Lebanese dish of wheat semolina dough pearls, chick peas, onions, and chicken (or beef) in a spiced broth. Moghrabieh literally translates to "from Morocco." Not to confuse you, but Moghrabieh is both the name of the dough pearls as well as the name of the final dish. About this video Today I am gonna show you how to cook Moghrabieh Recipe with chicken recipe you can make easy Arabic food this is yammy food I really like.
The Mograbieh stew is made with these semolina pearls, chicken, chickpeas, onions and spices. Chicken Chickpea Chicken Spices Lebanese Cuisine Lebanese Recipes Tahini Paste Cheese Rolling Eastern Cuisine Middle Eastern Recipes Bon Appetit. A traditional Lebanese stew of Moghrabieh pearls along with chicken, chickpeas & pearl onions served with a warm cinnamon and caraway. You can cook Moghrabieh – semolina dough with chicken using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moghrabieh – semolina dough with chicken
- It’s 500 g of semolina dough pearls (fregula).
- You need 3 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 of chicken stock cubes.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas.
- Prepare 5 of medium onions 🧅.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need 1.5 tablespoons of caraway powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter.
Moghrabieh, (meaning " a dish from the Maghreb") is a much-beloved traditional dish in Lebanon and is considered a feasting type of meal to which many relatives or friends are Moghrabieh keeps very well in the fridge for several days without loss of flavor and can be reheated in the microwave. In Lebanon, moghrabieh (the name for couscous in Lebanese) is generally a dish served at large gatherings of family and friends due to its extended cooking process. Lebanese Couscous simmers in the traditional combination of spices within this recipe giving the end product a deliciously fragrant. Moghrabieh is rolled semolina, similar to couscous except larger.
Moghrabieh – semolina dough with chicken step by step
- Cook the semolina pearls in hot water with a bit of olive oil and salt for 10 minutes until they absorb water and expand (similar to cooking pasta).
- At the same time, boil the onions in water for 10 minutes.
- For the chicken breasts, you can boil them in water with a cinnamon stick and a bay leave or grill them in a pan. (I grilled them because it’s faster).
- Once the semolina dough is cooked, leave to rest in hot water for 5 minutes, then drain it and move to another cooking tray (a tray that you can use on the hob).
- Mix the butter, semolina dough and chickpeas together.
- Add the cooked onions with one cup of the water that you boiled them in (if you boiled the chicken the use the chicken broth instead) then add the caraway powder, salt and the cinnamon and mix.
- Add the chicken stock to the rest of the water (onion water or chicken broth) then pour it into the tray. Add some shredded chicken to it and mix..
- Leave on a low heat until the sauce is a bit thickened and then it’ll be ready to serve.
Rather chewy in consistency and absorb a lot of flavour from the things they are cooked with. Combine the chicken stock or water in a pan with the cinnamon quill, cloves and star anise. Bring to the boil and add the moghrabieh. Moghrabieh is a type of Lebanese couscous, larger than traditional couscous, made of semolina dough rolled into pea sized balls. Autumn Chicken and Phyllo Dough Pot Pies.