Duck breast with Indian spice rub on cauliflower coconut puree. Transfer the cauliflower and half of the reduced cream to a food processor and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you want a thinner puree, add more cream.
Place cauliflower around chicken; lightly coat chicken and cauliflower with cooking spray. Duck Breast with Raspberry CoulisLolibox. salt, raspberry coulis, ground black pepper, shallots Tandoori Spiced Chicken Breast with Grilled Tomato Jam and Herbed Yogurt SauceThe Wicked Noodle. Tender duck breasts are served with crispy cauliflower florets seasoned with aromatic five spice. You can cook Duck breast with Indian spice rub on cauliflower coconut puree using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Duck breast with Indian spice rub on cauliflower coconut puree
- You need of Duck.
- You need 1 of duck breast.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need of Puree.
- You need 1 of medium cauliflower, chopped into small chunks (about 5 cups or so).
- It’s 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 1/2-2 tbs of minced ginger.
- You need 1 1/2-2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Best of all, this easy recipe requires just four ingredients Put in a roasting tray and drizzle over the olive oil, then sprinkle with the Chinese five spice. Cooking with duck meat might seem intimidating but it's quite easy. Check out these sensational duck breast recipes and learn how to cook it perfectly. It likes warm spices such as cinnamon, pepper, Chinese five-spice powder, allspice, vanilla and fennel.
Duck breast with Indian spice rub on cauliflower coconut puree step by step
- Bring the duck breast up to room temperature, pat it dry, score the skin in a cross-hatch pattern, then season both sides with the salt and all the spices. rubbing them into the skin and meat. Let it sit..
- In a saute pan over medium heat, heat one tbs of the coconut oil, then put in the coriander, mustard, and cumin seeds to bloom them. Once the spices are fragrant, add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds,.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and saute until tender and just starting to turn color (you may want to add some more oil). Mix in the pan so that the cauliflower is evenly coated with oil and spices..
- Pour in the coconut milk and let it all cook until the milk is completely absorbed by the cauliflower. Remove from stove and set aside..
- In a cold pan, add a tiny bit of oil or duck fat, put the heat on medium, and lay the duck breast in the pan, skin side down (apparently, this helps the fat to render better). It should soon start to give a bacon-like sizzle. Let it cook until brown, crisp, and the fat has rendered — for me, this was about five minutes. Then turn it over and cook the meat side, for about two minutes or so..
- While the duck cooks, puree the cooked cauliflower in a blender. Spoon onto a plate (feel free to do something more creative and attractive with it than I did, I suck at plating)..
- Remove the duck breast, let it rest for just a few minutes, then slice and lay on top of the cauliflower. I garnished with fresh mint and with yogurt that I dusted with a bit of garam masala. You might want to dust the duck itself with a bit of garam masala after you slice it if you want a stronger flavor..
You can serve it with roasted vegetables. Rinse duck breasts, pat dry and rub with salt and pepper. Last year I made this recipe and, against my better judgment, followed the recipe to the T. While I liked the spice mixture, I found the resulting jus FAR too greasy. Duck is probably my favourite meat and it's so versatile: thinly sliced breast cooked rare, tender confit legs, cassoulet with chunks of the bird You can even cure a raw duck breast at home to a sort of prosciutto.