You can have Lasagna Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lasagna Soup
- You need 1 lb. of Italian Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean-original).
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 Tbsp. of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz.) of Large can diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken stock or broth.
- It’s 1 lb. of dry spiral pasta, like rotini.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of container Ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese – for topping.
Lasagna Soup instructions
- Place sausage in large pot along with chopped onion and garlic. Add in Italian seasoning..
- Cook over medium high heat until cooked through; drain and return to pot..
- Add in chicken stock, tomato paste and can of tomatoes. Bring to a boil..
- Once boiling, add in pasta. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes..
- Once pasta is thoroughly cooked it is ready to be served..
- For ricotta topping: mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and basil together in a small bowl..
- Place soup in bowl and top with desired amount of mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese. Enjoy!.