You can cook Chocolate Soufflé using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Soufflé
- Prepare of Prep.
- It’s 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbs of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold milk.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 oz of dark chocolate.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 of egg whites.
- It’s of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 tbs of white sugar (Added 3 times).
Chocolate Soufflé step by step
- To Prep the Ramekins, brush them with melted butter and coat the sides with sugar.
- Keep the chocolate on a double boiler. Point is not to melt it right now but just warm up the chocolate for now..
- Now to make the batter, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for a minute. As soon as we have cooked it, reduce the heat to low and add in COLD milk. Remember that it has to be cold. Basically make sure that the mixture does not have any lumps in the end..
- Once the mixture has thickened up. Turn off the heat and add this to the chocolate. Add a pinch of salt and mix it up. Once it is fairly well combined add in the egg yolk. (Keep this over some hot water. Not boiling or simmering. Just hot).
- Now we need to prepare the egg whites. Put 2 egg whites in a separate bowl and add a few drops of lemon juice (To stabilize the eggs).
- Whisk the eggs and get to a ribbon stage for the whites and add the sugar in 3 or 4 additions. Keep whisking until it turns in to a foamy mixture. Don’t wanna dry it out, just have semi-stiff peaks..
- Add half of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture. Use a spatula to vigorously stir it in. This will help us in incorporating the rest of the egg whites without deflating the mixture too much..
- Now add the rest of the egg whites and fold them in..
- Transfer the batter to a ramekin and bring it up to the lip. Clean up any drippage. (Do not tap). Place them on a baking sheet over some parchment paper..
- Pop them in to a 375 degree oven for 12 minutes or till they have risen around 1/2 inch. Dust over some coca powder (or powdered sugar) as garnish and serve. Remember don’t have them sitting around as they start deflating the moment they come out of the oven..