Taco pizza. This Taco Pizza is Mexican meets Italian. Pizza dough topped with beans, salsa, beef, cheese, and all the toppings. Taco Pizza Recipe. posted by Christy Denney
Tacos and pizza together at last. All the standard taco toppings on a pizza, customized to your tastes. delicious as it is bad for you. Technology has finally led to this moment. You can cook Taco pizza by using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it:
Ingredients of Taco pizza
- Prepare 2 of tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls.
- Prepare 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1 cup (8 oz) of sour cream.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 packet of taco seasoning mix.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, chopped (I used 3-4 Roma tomatoes, can use cherry tomatoes cut in half.).
- You need 2 cups of Mexican cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
The taco pizza. the conclusion of all Mexican-Italian-American food fusion. Fill this delicious pizza with taco toppings like ground beef. Today's taco pizza recipe is one that I made for the Super Bowl. I got my inspiration from a recipe I saw at Jolene's Culinary Adventures.
Taco pizza instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and layout on the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Don’t worry about it being perfect; you just don’t want any big gaps..
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cool Completely..
- Beat together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until it’s easy to spread. Set aside in Refrigerator.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain any grease. Stir in the taco seasoning and water (according to the package directions on the taco seasoning packet.) (I did this 1st then let the meat sit in the Refrigerator to cool down).
- Pull the cream cheese mixture out of the Fridge and Spread over crescent roll after it has cooled completely,and sprinkle evenly with the ground beef.(I used my hands to put the meat on, started with a spoon and it was just easier with my hands if you don’t mind the mess.).
- You won’t completely cover the cream cheese layer with the ground beef; there’s plenty of other toppings so don’t worry.(I had enough) Next, sprinkle with the lettuce and tomatoes, then the cheese.
- Notes- If you plan to make Taco Pizza the night before, I recommend waiting until just before serving before adding the lettuce, tomato, and cheese to prevent any sogginess. If taking to a party or cook out, wait and dress it right before serving it. (the cream cheese mixture can be put on and wrapped up, it only takes about 5 mins to top it with everything.) I made this for dinner, and Served it right away..
- Hot sauce added.
The great thing about this recipe is you can cut it into large squares. Taco Tuesday kicked up a notch with Taco Pizza! A perfect homemade pizza dough topped with beans, ground beef, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, and taco sauce! It's topped with meat, beans, cheese and more making it flavorful and easy to customize based on all the flavors you. But when you combine tacos AND pizza, I'm definitely a happy camper!