Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant.
You can have Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant using 30 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant
- You need 1 of FOR EGGPLANT.
- Prepare 2 large of eggplant halfed or 4 medium eggplant, peeled and the eggplant pulp scooped out with a melon baller to make a boat shape with sturdy sides and bottom. Reserve pulp..
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil mixed with 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and 1/4 teapoon red pepper flakes. This is for brushing eggplant before roasting..
- You need 2 oz of cooked angel hair pasta, drained.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of reserved eggplant pulp, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mixed shredded cheese, I used a blend of italian four cheese and sharp cheddar.
- It’s 1 of FOR SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE.
- You need 16 of pepperoni slices.
- You need 2 of minced cloves garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flales.
- Prepare 1 of 28 ounce crushed italian tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of FOR TOPPING.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of mixed shredded cheese, I used italian four cheese blemd and sharp cheddar.
- Prepare 3 of chopped green onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning blend.
- You need 1 of reserved cooked pepperoni.
Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant step by step
- MAKE SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE.
- In a saucepan add pepperoni and crisp up and render fat, remove and reserve for later..
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan and soften, add red pepper flakes, black pepper, italian seasoning and salt to taste. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatos, cream and simmer 30 minutes, add parmesan cheese and heat through..
- ROAST EGGPANT SHELLS.
- Preheat oven to 425, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Brush eggpants all over with seasoned olive oil mixture, roast on prepared pan until tender but still holding its shape, about 20 minites depending on size of eggplant..
- PREPARE ANGLE HAIR PASTA SAUCE.
- In a skillet heat olive oil and butter, add eggplant pulp and cook until golden add onion and garlic, soften add broth and cream and lemon and seasonings add cooked angel hair pasta and cheese, remove from heat and mix well..
- ASSEMBLE AND FINAL ROASTING OF EGGPLANT.
- Fill each eggplant shell with angel hair mixture evenly. Combine shredded topping cheese with the green onions and italian seasoning mix well and divide evenly over pasta stuffed eggplanr. Top with reserved pepperoni..
- Put back into the preheated 425 oven just until hot and cheese melts, 10 to 15 minutes..
- Serve with the tomato sauce..
- This is good as a combination vegetable / pasta side or all on its own with a salad..