Homemade Basil Fettuccine.
You can cook Homemade Basil Fettuccine using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Basil Fettuccine
- It’s 3 1/4 cups of flour.
- It’s 4 of large eggs (or 6 medium ones).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of dried basil.
Homemade Basil Fettuccine instructions
- Mix all ingredients together and work to a uniform dough ball. TIP: This kneading demands some time and energy if done by hand, so you can pulse it all together in a food processor until you get a sort of wet powdery mix, that will knock about ten minutes of kneading off your time!.
- Divide the dough ball in 4 and work separately: Roll each part through the pasta machine, gradually thinning it out until you get long, wide, and flat ribbons which you can then cut in rectangles for lasagna, squares for canelloni, or you can pass them through the fettuccine blades of the pasta machine like we did. Be sure to sprinkle abundant extra flour on the cut pasta to keep it from sticking together while it dries..
- Let the cut pasta rest and dry for about a half hour before cooking. Then toss it into abundant salted boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce!.