Hidden Veggie Meatloaf.
You can have Hidden Veggie Meatloaf using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hidden Veggie Meatloaf
- It’s 2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1 of rib of celery, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 12-15 of baby carrots (or 1/2 cup carrots, roughly chopped).
- You need 1 can of unsalted tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
Hidden Veggie Meatloaf instructions
- Place celery, bell pepper, carrots, tomato sauce and water in a blender. Blend into a chunky puree. You want to still have some texture to the veggies, but you don't want them detectable in your meatloaf..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine the meats, veggie puree, breadcrumbs, eggs, and all seasonings. Mix with clean hands until all ingredients are thoroughly combined..
- Transfer mixture to a large casserole dish or foil lined baking sheet then mold into short, wide rectangular loaf (I go for about 4"wide by 8" long)..
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Top with a thin layer of ketchup. Return to oven and bake an additional.30-35 minutes, or until cooked through..