Spice-Rolled Chicken with Cumin and Thyme.
You can cook Spice-Rolled Chicken with Cumin and Thyme using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spice-Rolled Chicken with Cumin and Thyme
- Prepare 1 of Chicken breast (without skin).
- It’s 2 of Sliced cheese (melting type).
- You need 2 of Ham (thin sliced).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ＊Dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ＊Olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of to 1 tsp ＊Cumin powder.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper (to taste).
Spice-Rolled Chicken with Cumin and Thyme instructions
- Mix cumin, thyme and olive oil in a bowl..
- Butterfly the chicken breast to make the thickness even, then pound with the back of the knife blade or tenderizer to flatten it out. Season both sides with salt and pepper..
- On a plastic wrap, spread the spice mix from Step 1 in the shape and size of the chicken..
- Place the chicken on top of the spices, then put ham and cheese..
- Roll the chicken to form a tube, wrap tightly, and tie with twine. (You can wrap it with twice with the plastic wrap to avoid the juice from leaking!).
- Boil water in a pot and place in the chicken. Poach it in low heat for 15 minutes. After poaching, cool the chicken in its plastic wrap..
- Unwrap the chicken while making sure to save the juice, and slice it. Plate the chicken and use the juice as the sauce..
- I used cheddar cheese slices and beer sausage..
- I had 1 teaspoon of cumin in my previous recipe, but it was as delicious when I halved the amount of cumin. Please adjust it to your taste..